Thrift Store Thursday: fashion and thrifty collide

I’m discovering a new world in the blogosphere and it is really getting me excited about a lot of things! One thing is fashion and another thing is thrift stores.

(A few disclaimers: I have no sense of personal style and rarely have because I didn’t think I had the right body for any style, but I’m discovering through blogging that not many people do. Also, I have spent a lot of time shopping in thrift stores just waiting for the day when I could afford not to.)

All that is changing and I have spent a lot of time and money in a local thrift store over the last two weeks and I love it. I’m still not real fashionable and I still don’t have the body to display all my fun finds, but I’m wearing something other than jeans and t-shirts and for me it is a step up in the fashion world.

This is my favorite find from last week, and just in time for Valentine’s Day—a pink skirt with fun flowers embroidered on it and a cute contrasting striped band at the hem.

(Another disclaimer: I never wear pink. I only own one other pink clothing item, but this is so much fun to wear…especially in February when everything in Utah is either gray or brown!)

Look here for some of Megan’s outfit ideas…she is so young and fun!

Look here for “what to wear to Middle School” ideas from Gabby and her cute middle schoolers.

Look here for Liz’s great list of thrift stores in the Salt Lake City area (be sure to check the comments section for even more ideas. I’ve been wanting to visit Chic & Unique for a while.)

*I’m posting today using a new program that Joe thinks will be more user friendly….I’ll let you know what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment