Change Your Life—Different = Beautiful

As the definition of female beauty continues to be distorted, debated, and displayed in obscene and vulgar ways, I appreciate the quiet, but growing movement that celebrates the beauty of women…just because woman are beautiful. I especially appreciate this as I watch my four daughters struggle to understand their worth as women. At church and at home they are taught that they are daughters of a Heavenly Father who loves them, and as such they have a divine and eternal nature that is of infinite worth. They are beautiful because of who they are and whose they are. They are beautiful because of their roles now, and in the future, as daughters, sisters, nieces, friends, wives, mothers, grandmothers, aunts, and neighbors. And they are beautiful because they are different. I hope they will remember that…I hope I will remember that…I hope we all will remember that.
Here are a few reminders from some amazing women…
Karen Walrond is a writer and photographer that recognizes and celebrates the unique beauty every woman holds. From her website—“Karen is wildly convinced that every person on the planet is uncommonly beautiful, and her mission is to convince others of this fact, too.” Here is a trailer for her new book:
Different = Beautiful

Another great Karen Walrond project is The Beauty Perspective. Here she shares photos and info on 14 women and what makes their life beautiful.

A good question to ask yourself: What makes my life beautiful?

Alisha Stamper is a wonderful photographer seeking to create social change through portraits. Her personal project, unmadeup, is designed to “translate the definition of beauty”…and it does.


photo by Alisha Stamper

A good question to ask yourself: What can I do to translate the definition of beauty?

Now that Karen and Alisha have got you thinking about a few beautiful things, here are some great books that will get you thinking about more beautiful things…like you.

A good thing to tell yourself: I am beautiful because I am different.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice video!!!!Straggle is the most important factor for changing the life... If you want to change your life then do straggle... According to me straggle is every thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

    business magazine
    food magazine

    ReplyDelete