Food Changes--The “Cleanse” Part 2


*Photo from Whole Living

I hope that your weekend was great. It snowed like crazy here, but the sun came out on Sunday and melted it all away. Things are really starting to get green and springy! Our weekend was actually somewhat relaxing…I even tried out a couple of new recipes. Ree's recipe for Cajun Chicken Pasta was quite wonderful with homemade French bread for Sunday dinner. Dessert was Brownie Pie from Babble’s 50 Best Desserts. Both were a yummy (and naughty) way to celebrate the end to my cleanse.

So now we are to part 2 of the cleanse…I thought I would give you a report in case you wanted to try it yourself.

1. The plan:

-The cleanse I used was part of the 28-day Whole Body Action Plan. Since I signed up, I have received daily emails with lots of great tips. Some of my favorite tips are shake off bad habits and healthy snacking tips, because who doesn’t love a great snack.


*Photo from Whole Living

*My thoughts—I like that this plan is just what it says, a “whole body” plan. It gives you nutrition information, including recipes and menus; exercise plans and tips; and ideas for a healthy mind, like meditation. Some of the foods are a bit on the “exotic” side for my little grocery store, so I tweak things quite often.

2. The cleanse, or detox:

-The cleanse involved lots of vegetables, some fruit, and some lean protein, and most of the food was quite tasty. The almond crusted chicken is now one of my most favorite things to eat…I have eaten it 3 out of the last 5 days. Some of the smoothies were not great…but some were so I just swapped out the ones I didn’t like for ones that I did. The bathroom trips tapered off after the first 24 hours, but that might have been because I drink a daily green smoothie.

*My thoughts—I have to say it was a lot easier than I expected, so I kept thinking I was doing something wrong. (Maybe it seemed easy because mid-cleanse I totally blew it and ate a grilled cheese sandwich and some cinnamon bunnies at the movies.) I also did not do much exercising so I probably had more energy than I might have. I have a hard time sticking to any kind of plan, so I was quite proud of how well I did. Some of my favorite foods were:

Mango Smoothie


*Photo from Whole Living

Pineapple and Avocado Gazpacho


*Photo from Whole Living

Almond Crusted Chicken Breast with Spinach


*Photo from Whole Living

In summary, I’m quite happy with the cleanse process. I accomplished exactly what I wanted to: decreased my diet soda intake (I have had one 24 oz. diet soda in the last 6 days) and I am now eating more healthy. My stomach feels flatter and I am feeling motivated to take my eating to the next level. I rewarded myself with that yummy (and naughty) dinner I mentioned earlier, but today I’ve eaten a green smoothie and some of that yummy chicken so I think I’m headed in a good direction.

Any questions? I would love to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. Lori,
    I just LOVE your blog. It has the best of everything on it! I'm doing the Isagenix cleanse right now, but will look into this one for afterward. Thank you for all of the great ideas. I'm thinking a book full of all these great tips may be in your future!

    ReplyDelete