Happy Halloween!


Image

I love this image and also find it a bit creepy…knowing what is to come.  My girls are off school today so we started the Halloween celebrating early by sleeping in, eating donuts for breakfast, and putting more Halloween decorations up.  Our evening plans include the traditional jack-o-lantern pizza for dinner, costumes, and trick-or-treating. 

This Halloween is proving to be a bit nostalgic.  It will be the first time in over 20 years that I won’t be celebrating Halloween with Daughter Number One and it is also the first Halloween in over 20 years that I won’t be going trick-or-treating…Daughter Number Four is declaring her independence and going with friends (an older sister will supervise).  I’m not sure what to do with myself!  I wish some things never changed…couldn’t all my girls be about 8 years-old just this one night?

I am excited about a few things I found today to add some spice to Halloween .  This song and video by Stephanie Mabey  (thank you Courtney Kendrick) is perfect for my zombie-lovin’ husband…

Halloween Zombie Song

 

…and I’m excited to gather around as a family tonight and listen to some Edgar Allan Poe.

Classic Halloween

Have a fun, spooky, and happy Halloween!  Things change quickly so take lots of pictures and enjoy every moment with your little trick-or-treaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment