The Weekend Changes—Happy New Year 2012


Image

I love the magical week between Christmas and New Year…festive decorations, lots of food, and few obligations.  I eat what I want, I sleep when I want, I read and read and read, watch some movies, play some games, and gear up for a new year. 

As we prepare for New Year’s Eve activities, I’m torn between going all out and keeping it simple.  We host a 12 and up party every year for my family and my wonderful parents take all of the grandkids under 12.  Sometimes we go out, sometimes we stay in, but we always end up here playing games, eating, welcoming the new year, sleeping over, and eating a big breakfast.  I dream of having everyone come in fancy attire, having a lovely sit-down dinner, and an evening of dancing and party games.  The rest of my family likes jeans and Rock Band and snack food…and so do I, so I’m always torn.  Time is definitely a factor now, so I think we will probably go the simple route, but I might wear something sparkly.

I’m getting excited to plan 2012 and really focus on what is important in my life right now.  I’ve had this last year to ruminate and evaluate and plan and dream and experiment and decide.  This next year will be all about directing those mental efforts into action and making some permanent changes…changes that stick and are fun and beautiful and meaningful.  I hope you’ll join me by making big changes in your own life.  It is easier and more fun to work together.

This weekend in the midst of festivities, I plan on finding some quiet time to reflect on things I’m grateful for, let go of the past, and make plans for the future.  Here are some of the changes that are inspiring me:

     -Marta's Regroup…applies to so many things in life.
     -25 Parenting Resolutions for 2012…pick one or two so you’re not overwhelmed.
     -1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die.
     -The Mormon Women Project.
     -8 Ways to Ignite Creativity.
     -Upcycled Leather Journals…for list-making and goal-setting.
     -Stylish 2012 Calendars…pretty calendars make great framed art!
     -Happy.

Enjoy your weekend…I’ll see you next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment