The Weekend Changes—Inspiring Gifts


Image from This is Glamorous

The big weekend is upon us and ready or not, it is time to celebrate.  At Christmas, I love the combination of celebrating with loud and fun parties and quiet moments of solitude around a lit Christmas tree. 

This weekend we are hosting our annual Christmas Eve party which combines traditions from both my and Joe’s families.  On the menu:  stuffed mushrooms and Christmas punch from the Cartwright’s, clam chowder from my Swedish roots (our edible version of lutefisk).  Activities:  eating and conversing from my side, a Christmas program that everyone participates in from Joe’s side.  The first time I met his family was Christmas Eve and Joe and I painted our chins to look like frogs, hung upside-down over a table, and sang Christmas carols.

Christmas Day should be just as fun and traditional with present-opening and Christmas breakfast at home and then church, dinner and more present-opening with my parent’s and siblings and their families.  A big change for us this year…Courtnee will be celebrating Christmas with her in-laws.  I can’t think about it very hard and I suspect I will have a few moments of “closet crying” on Christmas Eve and Christmas.  But, Geoff’s family is wonderful and Courtnee and Geoff will be here the day after Christmas to spend a week with us.

I hope your festivities are fun, fulfilling, and meaningful.  Thank you for being a part of my life these past 10 months.  This blog has been a bright spot in a relatively dark year.  I wish you a Merry Christmas and leave you with gifts of inspiration…I hope they will lead you to many good changes this holiday season.

-Reflection from Hello, Friend via Marta.
-The Gifts We Give Each Other from Laura at Blog con Queso.
-The Coat found at Modern Mormon Men.
-Seeing Christmas Through New Eyes from Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf
-Christmas Morning from Kirtsy.

Merry, merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment