Traveling Home

A Happy Ferris Wheel...Image

We are headed home soon, but not before a quick dip in the swimming pool.  It is not really warm enough to swim,but I have an 11 year-old who has been begging me to swim with her since we got here, so I'm going to brave the cold and hop in for a bit.

I always have mixed feelings at the end of vacation, especially if it is a quick trip like this.  I don't want to go home and face all of the things in my life that aren't working, but I do feel re-motivated and ready to get on top of things.  I don't want to deal with all of the chaos of unpacking, laundry, messy house, but I'm ready to get back into our routine.  I don't want to say goodbye to Joe's parents, but I do want to sleep in my own bed.  I don't want to get on the scale, but I am ready to get to the gym.  And on and on.

Do you ever feel a bit confused like this at the end of a trip?


No comments:

Post a Comment