Life Changes—NieNie on Faith, Hope, Love

For the kick-off of my newest and biggest and most inspiring blog feature, I thought I would share a life transition story from one of the “big girl” bloggers, Stephanie Nielson. Stephanie is also known as NieNie and blogs at nieniedialogues.blogspot.com. Stephanie’s big life transition is a serious injury and a current life-long recovery process. In her own words:

I am: Returning from a near-fatal airplane crash, burned 80% of my body, and will have surgeries for the rest of my life. Probably. But I am alive. I cherish Mr. Nielson, Claire, Jane, Oliver, and Nicholas.

Stephanie’s change from a young, beautiful, healthy wife and mom to a young, beautiful, scarred and injured wife and mom has inspired millions of people. She has been on national tv shows and shares her experiences at conferences and motivational speaking engagements. She is famous for many reasons, but what I love her most for is her sense of humor, her love for her family, and her ability to celebrate and share the beautiful things of life without complaint. At least not public complaint. (Stephanie, I will love you even more if I know you have days where you just have to wallow in self-pity for a little while so that I can justify my own wallowing!) Did I mention that Stephanie is really, really funny! Really! For more about Stephanie’s story, and the sound of her own beautiful voice, watch this great YouTube video.

Stephanie Nielson

Stephanie inspires me to deal with my own transitions with faith and hope. She is a light in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment