Thrift Store Thursday--Spring is in the Air

I really scored at the thrift store this week. I found the first three items at a local children’s thrift store, Sweet Pea Boutique (isn’t that a great name!). I snagged the last three items at my local Deseret Industries or DI. I can’t wait to get pictures of Halle wearing the first five items…I can’t wait to get a picture of me wearing my new hat at the pool…I can’t wait to hold a new little baby wearing these cute sandals.


Gymboree jacket $6.99


Gap kids shirt $4.99


Cherokee skirt $4.99


American Eagle flats $3.50. I love the ruffle detail.
I actually bought these at Payless on their BOGO sale


I’m going to use Liz’s idea for a yellow bow belt and I already have yellow fabric so this is free!

Cost of entire outfit = $20.50 + tax

This outfit makes me want to be 10 on a rainy spring day with a bright yellow umbrella…hmmmm.

Here are a couple of things I found for me.


A great straw hat by August $1
I practiced wearing this hat all day Sunday because the sun was actually shining.


A new $1 wallet in a very happy color…hey, it matches Halle’s new jacket!


And finally, something cute for my new niece or nephew who will be a CA beach baby:


Children’s Place sandals $1

Cost of fun splurge items = $3

What do you think? I think I did good! If you don’t shop at thrift stores, it is time to rethink. Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming…there is so much…and sometimes it can be a bit time consuming…there is so much…but you’ll very rarely leave without something great. Thrift stores are always my favorite place to buy books and there are lots of cute dishes you can use when you are giving food gifts. Click here for good tips on thrift store shopping. Happy shopping and I would love to hear about your thrift store finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment