Creative Wrappings


Image from the Wall Street Journal

If I had an unlimited amount of time and resources, I would love to spend hours and hours wrapping gifts.  When I was quite young, my parents would often have me wrap gifts for them.  My favorite part was coming up with all kinds of new ribbon designs…I would roll them, fringe them, bend them, wrap them and try to create something new for each gift.

As an adult, I don’t have the same amount of time to come up with new ribbon creations, but I think it is fun to add some new element to my wrapping each year.  I prefer brown paper and lots of fun ribbon and tags, but I have to have some traditional wrapping and self-stick bows on hands because my girls like that better.  This year, I’ve been admiring gifts with little bauble on top…pinecones, animals, greenery or ornaments.  I have a lot of ornaments that I’m tired of and I think this will be just the thing to give them a new life with someone else.

Here are a few ideas you might want to try…or file away for when you might have more time and resources.  Sometimes, I create just one special tag each year for an extra-special person or gift.



Alternate Papers or Fabric +Tags at Etsy



Letters + Letters



Bags + Initials


Photo Tags


Baker's Twine from EZ



Glittered Clothespin Toppers from EZ

No comments:

Post a Comment