Design Changes—Tangerine Tango


Image

Pantone recently announced their New Color of the Year--Tangerine Tango.  Old news for many of you, but while I was running around the city yesterday with my two youngest daughters, we noticed this color popping up everywhere, so I thought I would learn a bit more about it.  I’m not very fashionable, and I’m definitely out of the loop on trends, but I couldn’t help but notice this color in products ranging from office supplies to dishes to shoes.

I had never heard of Pantone until about a year ago when I started this blog.  The name kept popping up in other blogs I read and I surmised that it had something to do with color.  Then, when Pantone announced their New Color of the Year, I wondered who they were and why they get to decide something so monumental.  Here is what I found…

-What Pantone Does
-Pantone's History
-Pantone's Blog

There are many more resources and lots of great products that you can find on their website.  Basically, Pantone is “King of the World” in the color industry, and as such they have the privilege of picking the color of the year.  So why did they pick “Tangerine Tango?”  Here is what Pantone has to say about that…

The 2011 color of the year, PANTONE 18-2120 Honeysuckle, encouraged us to face everyday troubles with verve and vigor. Tangerine Tango, a spirited reddish orange, continues to provide the energy boost we need to recharge and move forward.  “Sophisticated but at the same time dramatic and seductive, Tangerine Tango is an orange with a lot of depth to it,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “Reminiscent of the radiant shadings of a sunset, Tangerine Tango marries the vivaciousness and adrenaline rush of red with the friendliness and warmth of yellow, to form a high-visibility, magnetic hue that emanates heat and energy.”

I don’t know about you, but I could definitely use more energy and a boost forward in the month of January, so I’m going to incorporate some Tangerine Tango into my life.  However, I think it will be best in small doses so I’ll be using it in a lot of accents.  On the home front I’ll be using it in things like picture frames, throw pillows, and possibly a bench in my entryway.  On the fashion front, I already have a great skirt, a fun scarf and some lovely vintage heels in this color.  On the blogging front, I’m adding a board to my Pinterest that is all about Tangerine Tango…I’ll keep adding images throughout the year.

My final thoughts on Tangerine Tango…I love it!  So much that I convinced my daughter to buy these shoes yesterday.  She wore them to school today with skinny jeans and a baggy turquoise shirt…love turquoise with this color!  Here are some other palettes that incorporate Tangerine Tango (or a color that is close)…

  
All palettes at Design Seeds

More on Tangerine Tango at Design Seeds, HGTV, and House of Turquoise.

1 comment:

  1. I have a shirt that color. Ironically, I feel more energized and definitely cooler when I wear it. Who knew...

    ReplyDelete