My first-born daughter turned 21 this weekend. It is unbelievable to me. I can’t remember life without her, but I’m amazed at how quickly the time has gone. I’m also a bit in awe of her and the woman she is. Here are some of my thoughts from her 20th Birthday…and in honor of her 21st birthday, here are 21 things that I love about Courtnee:
1. She is wise—an old soul in a young body as my mother-in-law says.
2. I value and respect her opinion—on everything from parenting to health to religion to fashion.
3. She sets high goals and makes good choices.
4. She is so beautiful—inside and out.
5. She makes me happy—life is always better when I am with her.
6. She is one of my best friends.
7. She has been with me from my beginning of motherhood, and she still loves me.
8. She is a great example to her sisters.
9. She has strong opinions and ideas and shares them willingly, but politely.
10. She is a young, but fantastic wife—better than many twice her age.
11. She has a certain je ne sais quoi about her—she knows who she is, and she acts accordingly.
12. She is so smart!
13. She is happy to have pink candles and gifts for her 21st birthday.
14. She is always grateful.
15. She can ride a horse—and stay on.
16. She has awesome cowboy boots.
17. She will lay in bed and talk to me when I wake her up before she is ready.
18. She knows when to push through, and when to change direction.
19. She is passionate about important things like health, and families, and education.
20. She will be an amazing mother someday.
21. She is full of love and happiness.
Happy Birthday, dear Courtnee! Happy Birthday to You!