Schedule some Exercise


Image

The end of March is quickly approaching so I’m going to spend this last week of “Get Healthy” changes focusing on exercise and movement.   Exercise is a key component of Total Health and happiness for me.  When I’m exercising regularly I sleep better, eat less, have fewer bouts of depression, and I feel so much better about myself…a bit tighter and more toned.  I enjoy exercise, so it is one of the easier parts of getting healthy for me.  But like everyone, I have to make time for it and I don’t always like to sacrifice other things in order to get my workout in. 

I’ve found that the easiest way for me to make sure I’m exercising everyday is to simply schedule it in.  On Sunday evenings I review my week, schedule my workouts, and make sure I stick to the schedule.  When I’m in a good routine, I always know when my workouts are and I make sure to schedule the rest of my time around them.  Sometimes things come up that are out of my control, but if I have a choice, my workouts are a top priority every day.

My current exercise routine includes running, yoga, and Zumba.  But, I’m desperately in need of some weight lifting and toning, so I’m adding that to my schedule.  I've pinned some great mini workouts that I can just do at home that I’m going to start adding to my daily routine.  This will be a challenge for me.  I’ll need to get up earlier and make sure I follow through.  But one look in the mirror at my “old lady” arms will hopefully keep me motivated.  I don’t even recognize them and it is much too embarrassing to share photos of them…at least at this point.

I’ve also scheduled a training session at my gym for this week.  I’ve been going to this gym for two years and I still haven’t taken advantage of this free service.  I have an appointment on Wednesday and hopefully I will get some good tips on getting toned.

Now, I’m off to the gym for some yoga and running.  What is your exercise schedule today?

No comments:

Post a Comment