Le Diner en Blanc—Food & Decor

DSC_0896DSC_0953DSC_0875

Here are a few details from my simple and beautiful Diner en Blanc party. Of course this blog is all about change and food and décor are always a huge change. Think about it. You take ingredients and supplies and put them together in a whole different, and usually better way. I think those kind of changes are definitely worth celebrating!

Decorations
-Modern Mobiles: from Jordan (I just love that Jordan!)
-Flowers: I bought 2 dozen roses from Costco, put them in bud vases from Ikea, and lined the center of the table.
-Candles: I used tea lights and lanterns, also from Ikea, and interspersed them with the roses in the center of the table. So glad the wind stopped so we could light them…it would have been so dark.
-Table and chair covers: more Ikea…this time, curtains from the clearance section.
-China and crystal: used to be my mother-in-laws and now it is mine.

Food ( and Drink)
-Cucumber punch: so refreshing!
12 oz. can of frozen limeade concentrate
2 liter bottle of lemon-lime drink (I used Sprite Zero)
2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
ice
*Mix all together and let sit for about 12 hours.

-Dessert: Lemon Raspberry Cake in a Jar
*this dessert turned out so yummy and it was perfect for a summer picnic. I forgot to take pictures, but I used the 8 oz. jars pictured above and layered the following…
one slice pound cake cut into cubes
lemon curd from this recipe
fresh raspberries
whipped cream
garnished with a raspberry and a sprig of lemon balm from my garden

No comments:

Post a Comment