Design Changes—Yellow + Gray


Image

I have slowly been making some design changes in my house as I prepare to launch a whole house makeover.  I am lightening everything up with pale gray walls and white cabinets and adding fun pops of color.  Before starting on the main areas, I thought I would experiment in a smaller area so I am redoing Halle’s bedroom. 

When I decorated her room three years ago she was 8 and wanted a pink garden theme.  It was cute, it was fun, it was girly.  Now that she is heading for 12, she was ready for a change and I have finally learned to go a bit more neutral in bedrooms so they don’t have to be constantly updated.  While she was in St. George this weekend with Joe and Lainey, I painted her walls gray and white, and I am ready to add accent colors.  She is very happy with it and can’t wait for things to be finished so that she can move back in.  This whole bedroom redo is on a very tight budget, most of which is going to paint, so we are adding a lot of creative touches.

I love the combination of gray and yellow, and so does Halle, so we are using those colors along with a bit of orange and green.  Here are a few inspiration images that I’ve pinned…



All images at Pinterest

I think this color choice is perfect for Halle’s room as she is a very happy and sunshiny girl.  Wouldn’t these colors also be great for a nursery, boy or girl, and for a kitchen?  I’ve really never decorated with gray and I don’t know why because it is my new go to color as I plan my whole house makeover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment