Personal Trainers

twelve in 2012_edited-2_thumb[3][4]

Exercise has always been a part of my life, but I’ve decided it is time to kick it up a notch.  I have taken it pretty easy this past year, maybe 2-3 workouts each week.  I’m okay with that because my body and mind needed some time to rest and heal. But, I’ve done enough resting and healing for now, and I’m excited to get moving again.

I’ve been very happy with my routine over the past couple of years, but it is always good to change things up and get your body moving in a new direction.  My gym membership includes a free session with a trainer so I made an appointment and spent an hour discussing my goals, getting advice, and going through a training session. 

The trainer also convinced me to sign a two year contract to meet with a personal trainer twice a month.  I made my first appointment for this morning, created a schedule that would work for me…and then I called and cancelled the appointment and the contract.  I just couldn’t justify paying that much money.

Have you ever worked with a personal trainer?  I think it would be so helpful and motivating and I hope that sometime it will work for me.  But now is not that time.  So I’m going to have to kick it up a notch on my own.  I wrote about some mini workouts here, but I think I’m going to add some weight routines at the gym instead.  I’m already there a few days a week, so I’m just going to extend my gym time. I guess for now I’ll be my own personal trainer, and maybe that will be the better plan anyway.

* I thought I would pass something along that I learned from my free training session…it is important to keep changing your routine in order to get the best results.  After a couple of weeks, your muscles adapt to your training and they don’t respond as well.  The same is true with running. You need to do different kinds of running for the best results…speed training, hill workouts, long runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment